POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green photons render : Re: Green photons render Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green photons render
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 9 Dec 2005 07:50:00
Message: <web.43997cef7988abeee47fda940@news.povray.org>
"Simon Dyer" <sim### [at] paradisenetnz> wrote:
> Image showing light refraction of inverted lenticular, but
> Even though I have color set up white, my transparent material turns green.
> I've tried all tehse settings:
>    //   rgbft <1,1,1,0.9,0.1>
>    //color transmit 1.0
>    color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0  filter 1.0

I think we'll need to see more or your scene file. What photon settings are
you using? What is in the interior{} block of your lenticular object?
What's its dispersion setting?

[In POV 3.5 there was a bug that produced greenish spots if fresnel &
conserve-energy were both used for a transparent object, but it was a
different shade of green]

> If I use
>  // color rgbt <1.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000>
> I get no photons being generated.

That's just opaque yellow.

What do you mean? That you don't see photon effects, or that POV doesn't
even shoot any photons?

> Any ideas, Sorry for newbie question

Since you're new, my advice is to try playing with the standard glass
textures (in glass.inc) first & modify them to see what happens before
trying to create your own transparent materials.

PS. Your scene is very dark. What's your gamma setting?